Thursday, May 30, 2013

Keep Yourself Happy and the Rest Will Follow

So I read a certain insert to a blog about thinking your a bad parent because sometimes you don't see the light at the end of the tunnel... To that I say BULL, anybody who has had a child, even if they are grown now, knows that not everyday is a day to remember. Sometimes its a day you want to just get to the end and put them to bed and say goodnight yourself. I am 33and have 3 amazing kids, however sometimes amazing isn't the right word, sometimes I wanna pull my hair, what I have left since its short, out and just scream into a pillow. I've had parents and my grandparents tell me to enjoy every moment you are with them however they make that difficult sometimes due to the fact that my oldest daughter and middle son have started to lie to us thinking they won't get caught. I remember those days when I did the same so I see it a mile away. At first sight of them being born it was love at first sight but as time wore on I thought I would never get sleep, I would never enjoy time with my woman and I would never have a chance to have a little ALONE time for myself, to parents who feel the same way I say hang in there it happens more often than u think but its so far and few between that you don't realize that u do have time to yourself. It may not be the way u remember it but I have to tell you just last night I turned my pc on and plugged it into the t.v. and started looking at pictures from back-in-the-day with my fiancée and before all the kaos that is our life today. Actually to be honest I literally paused my life at the moment we were laughing and telling stories and remembering the times we had before and realized my life hasn't gotten "worse" or even "bad" for that matter its just we look at "losing" those fun times as a burden I guess to what we have today. Now this isn't saying everyone feels like this and i'm not stereotyping anybody into this category i'm simply taking what I feel and trying to put it into perspective for other people that feel they have lost themselves in their children. Back to the fun times, I literally paused my life for a brief second and realized all the memories I had made before the kids and during when they were little little was a blast and no one can take that from me EVER... I feel my life has gotten more hectic and i'm stretched pretty thin with coaching my oldest daughter, Destiny's, softball team and trying not to lose my middle son, Deegan, in the process because we don't have the time right now to put him in any sports, as well as my 6 month old, Sofia, who is as needy as they come I believe, but I love her to pieces all the time. I volunteer at Destiny's school as well helping out with parties and planning events and goin to lunch to play football with the kids. I mean that's what I want to do and to the parents that do the same good for you but just remember YOU chose that path it wasn't chosen for you so when you think that there is no light at the end of the tunnel and you feel like your stretched so thin your gonna snap, step back take a day off from events and sports, because trust me the world will NOT stop spinning if you do, and go have some fun whether it be with the kids or while they're at school you go do something childish and foolish to make yourself laugh for no apparent reason. If you do trust me you will remember the good times and how to make the best of what you have and where your going from this point on...

It's been a loooooooong while since I've written in this but I tell you what everytime I do write in here I have such epiphanies I believe and it takes a lot off my shoulders to not forget who YOU are and what YOU want to do with your life. Believe me my life didn't turn out quite the way I wanted it, in the workforce aspect, however I am happy healthy and so are my kids and I only wish you guys the same in your journey through life and just remember there IS a light at the end of that tunnel no matter how far away it is, one day you will be able to walk right up to it and tell yourself, " This is the light? Man i'd rather walk back and do it all over again."

No comments: